Check out the website: http://www.preventionnetwork.org/
Effective parenting includes . . . 1. Showing children love, concern, and respect at all times.
2. Giving children a safe place to live and play.
3. Helping children express all their feelings appropriately and listening to what they say.
4. Giving children appropriate choices whenever possible.
5. Having reasonable rules that are understood by all.
6. Being responsible and teaching children to be responsible.
7. Spending time with children.
8. Setting an example by what we say and do.
9. Working with our schools and communities to make them better for children.
10. Asking for help when we need it. March is Parenting Awareness Month 2011 PAM Organizers’ Packet,
Parenting Awareness Michigan, Prevention Network, 1-800-968-4968 www.preventionnetwork.org